Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How Craigslist is changing my life...

Ok don't laugh at me, but I think I'm addicted to Craigslist.

If you don't happen to know what it is, Craigslist is like an online community classifieds section where you can find anything (in theory) from a job, to a car, to community events, to pets, and (if you're into that sort of thing) a date for Friday night. There are however, no guarantees that your date won't be a major creepster.

Anyway, what I love about craigslist is not only reading the section entitled "Free" which helps me to imagine what kind of possibilities there are for my future apartment which will in fact need to be furnished; but I also just like the fact that I feel like it's helping me to tackle this thing called "getting to know your hometown again."

For instance, the other day, I found an ad for a free Zumba class Tuesday night, so I called my friend Missy who is always up for some fun, and we headed over to the Balanced Fitness Studio where we experienced our first Butt-kicking (and shaking) hour of the workout that combines salsa, merengue, Cumbia and Reggaeton, and what turns out to be my arch nemesis- Samba. I'm never going to Brazil. The salsa, cumbia, and merengue I already knew some of the steps from Peru, but holy moly, Samba? Have you ever seen those exercise videos with Senior citizens, where they do just about as much as they can, but still are doing about 40% of what the instructor is? I'm pretty sure that's what we looked like.

I just don't have the leg muscles...or the booty shaking muscles.

Maybe there's a senior citizen samba class somewhere? I'll check craigslist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment