Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Am I getting that old???

So today, I went with my dad to get a cellphone...my first step into truly admitting that I'm here in the US to stay...for awhile at least.

We went to AT&T to get signed up for a plan and get a phone.  Now, I don't necessarily consider myself a communications expert, but I don't necessarily think that I'm living in the dark ages as far as technology goes...at least I didn't think that until today.  As I was looking at the phones, I found myself getting a little overstimulated by all the touchscreens, keypads, music features, apps, etc.  So I decided just to relax, and let the worker point me to the simplest (and cheapest) phone available.

Well...she did point me to the cheapest phone.

What crazy advanced modern age did I just enter where a 14 dollar phone "simple" phone looks like THIS!

Call me old-fashioned, but goodness.  I can't figure out all that technology!  If this phone were in Peru, it would cost a heck of a lot more than 14 dollars!

Sigh...I'm not sure I'm cut out for the 21st century...

0 comments:

Post a Comment