Saturday, July 10, 2010

I went on a search today...

A search to find the best witch doctor that North America has ever seen.

I tried to call ABC to pitch it as a new reality show but nobody has returned my call.

Their loss.

So I really did go try to find a US version of my beloved Nacarino.  I come from a family with small sinus passages and therefore prone to a lot of sinus infections..   It's kind of like a family curse.  I'm not sure when, but somewhere in my family's past, a Cordova made someone mad enough to put a sinusitis curse on us for generations.  Whoever did that really was trying to make us suffer. Anyway,  my Peruvian "doctor" (no comments from the western medicine crowd please), was the only person who successfully helped my ailment for a long time.  And then I moved back to the US and ran out of his magic liquid healing.  And then 3 months later, my sinusitis came back.   I didn't think that there were any curanderos in the US, but was informed that there actually are and right here in Denver.

My heart skipped a beat.

However, this turned out to be one of those moments in life when you thought there was no hope because you thought that nothing like what you had in Peru existed in the US, and then you find out that in actuality there may be a little hope that there is an equivalent, and then you spend your Saturday morning looking for that equivalent, and then you find what is supposed to be the equivalent, and then you see it, and then you hear a horn in the distance playing the "Bwa bwa bwaaaa" tune that lets you know you've just lost and should now be disappointed.

Ok fine, so they do have herbs, and supposedly can help my sinusitis.  But strike one- They're US prices.  Strike 2- They're not in liquid nasal spray form.  Strike 3-  They contain no Peruvian moonshine...and they're just not from Nacarino!!!!

Oh well...at least I know to stock up next time I go to Peru.

0 comments:

Post a Comment