Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Did I ever tell you about the witch doctor?

I miss my peruvian friend, the witch doctor.

I missed him 3 days ago when I had a fever

I missed him 2 days ago when I figured out I had laryngitis.

I missed him yesterday when my voice was still gone.

And I miss him today, when it's raining and gloomy and I have nasal congestion.

Oh Nacarino...donde estarĂ¡s?   I need you to shoot ginger moonshine pepper spray up my nostrils again.


Anyway, beyond that wistful memory.   I'm starting to teach english again!   I'm volunteering with a group called Intercambio, and I will be teaching my very first group class tonight, after ooooh...about a year of not teaching.  Do teaching skills get rusty?    I guess we'll find out.   I'm excited to get back into the classroom, and perhaps there is some Gringo Bingo in these students' future.  You never can tell when Gillian gets in front of the whiteboard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment