Friday, May 14, 2010

I don't really know what made me think of this...

Ok wait.  Actually, I do know. 

I read The Pioneer Woman's blog from time to time and today she has a contest where you leave a comment answering a question and you could win a nice Le Creuset French Oven.  The question was

"What has been your favorite vacation ever?"

For those of you know who know me, the "What's your favorite?" question has always made me a little uneasy.  From favorite colors, to movies, to seasons, to music you name the category, and I probably won't name just one favorite.  I don't like favorites...why must you pick just one?  What if there isn't just one? Why do you have to name superlatives and make all the others feel bad?  Why Ok???  

Ok sorry.  I just don't like picking favorites.

Anyway, the point is, my "favorite"  up-there-in-the-list-of-really-awesome-vacations has been a trip I took to the jungle with 15 of my closest Peruvian and US friends.   I can't even tell you all the adventures we had.  Well, I suppose I could, but it would get lengthy.  One night, we camped out on top of this mountain called Morro.  And I saw the most amazing night sky I've ever seen. 

I saw 18 shooting stars in the span of just a few hours.  EIGHTEEN! 

I guess I could just use a few of those to wish on now. That's all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment