Sunday, February 13, 2011

Time is flying...can it go a little faster?

So here it is, the middle of February and the world is still turning.  I'm not going to lie, I just want to be done with this year, onto the next and stop living so darn far away from Jamesson!

I believe it was the late John Lennon who said "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Well John....I can't argue with that, but it doesn't mean I like it. 

Jamesson and I will be beginning the long process of getting him here to the states, and hopefully getting married by Spring of next year.  I know that this year apart will be necessary for preparations and to save up for beginning the next chapter in our lives, but still.  I'm good about not making rash decisions and thinking things through.  Once I make a decision, however, I'm not good at being patient for things to fall into place.  I figure if I spent so much time at the outset to think things through, I shouldn't have to wait.  Come on!  Let's pick up the pace, life!

Well, in any case, we still have a long road ahead of us before we can actually get married, and I guess I'll just be patient until that day gets here.

2 comments:

Julie said...

it's so fun for me to read this and think... what would the gillian 3 years ago have said to the gillian that's writing this now? :) it's hard to believe how much our lives have changed! i'm so happy for you two, don't worry... I'm sure that the year will pass by quickly enough and on that special day you will wonder where all the time went! miss you friend.

Gillian said...

Let's be honest...Gillian 3 years ago probably would have punched Gillian that's writing this now. But you know what? Gillian 3 years ago sheepishly would have admitted that she maybe was wrong...just this once.

Miss you too friend!

Post a Comment