Saturday, May 14, 2011

When Irish eyes are smiling.

So I went to Ireland.

Oh. Em. Gee.  It was magical.

What can I even begin to say about this?   Alot, actually.   For brevity's sake I will merely touch on the important parts.   The first being that I would move there in a heartbeat (as long as Jamesson isn't too far behind in meeting me there).   Just about everything was right up my alley.  The fun people, the sense of humor, the bright colors and the amazing historical places.    There were a few things that were not so up my alley, but I'd be willing to overlook them- mainly the fact that Budweiser is one of their top selections for beer, and the fact that many Irish girls have been delusional in thinking that leggings are pants.  They're not pants.  Stop acting like they are.  I think if Ireland and I sit down and have a good heart-to-heart, we can work out both of these things.

Overall though, Ireland was such a great country to visit, and the company made it that much more wonderful.   We drove to Dublin, went to the Guinness factory (where I'm going to try and convince Jamesson we need to move to), we ate incredible food and our weight in chocolate, made friends with the locals, saw some amazing natural scenery and landscapes (pretty much everywhere, but especially at the Cliffs of Moher.  And we completely exhausted the word "cute" because everything is adorable in Ireland.  Everything.

One great thing about going to Ireland with 4 art majors is that we all very much had the same goal in mind-  Get.  Good.  Pictures.     Generally, we'd park the car somewhere to get out and see something, and then 4 girls would all walk sort of in the same direction, but all stop at different points along the path (which was never well defined) in order to take pictures of whatever caught one's eye.

I'm pretty sure I got around 400 or 500 pictures, but feel free to take a gander at whichever photographs catch your eye!  And please, if any of you readers out there stumble across a big bag of money and don't know what to do with it, feel free to send some of it my way so that Jamesson and I can move to Ireland immediately.






Links to Facebook Photo albums:
Day 1: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.541424170316.2038915.85500234&l=4253ee7d61

Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment