Saturday, May 14, 2011

And the beat goes on...

Right before I left for Ireland,  I decided that my life was missing something.

Well, it was missing Jamesson...but even more than that, it was missing a small musical instrument in the shape of a ukulele.  It was....a ukulele.

So one night at 11pm, when I seem to get most of my whims (read: really good ideas), I purchased a ukulele.   I left to go on vacation before it came, so luckily when I got home, and was visciously thrown back into the cruel monstrous claws of reality,  I had a nice little wooden ukulele with a turtle on it to cheer me up.    I immediately sought pedagogy from the teacher that is available 24/7, dear to my heart, and known as Google.   And thus began my musical journey.

I quickly picked up the 4 easy chords, which translates to me picking up 80% of pop music, which means that I'm no pro, but I can strum up a couple of ukulele storms including, but not limited to Happy Birthday, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Home on the Range.   I also am very very proud to say that I can now play one of my favorite Noah and the Whale Songs- 5 Years Time.

Look out Ukulele World! I'm heading straight to the top!  Just as soon as I can figure out how to strum and sing at the same time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment