Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wanna see something awesome?

Meet my newest form of transportation and Summertime Fun. It's my '73 Schwinn Hollywood cruiser....WITH A BASKET!  I took my 10 dollar bike to a guy who fixed it up for me (for more than 10 bucks), then offered to buy it because it looks so awesome, then understood when I said "Heck no sir. I like it too much." 

It's only appropriate that I got my bike back and ready to ride on the first day of Summer.  Happy First Day of Summer indeed.

Unfortunately, I did not spend the first day riding my bike.  I spent it driving to Pueblo, CO (2.5 hours away) in order to go see a client for Citron, but my boss is a great one, and will be reimbursing the mileage.

I did spend the SECOND day riding my bike...well, riding and then walking the heavy steel frame up a big hill because I have no leg muscles yet and couldn't make it all the way up.  In my defense...that hill was steep!  But I rode it almost 3 miles to a little cafe called Parisi where I met my parents for dinner and had a delicious pizza outside finished off by Chocolate and Sea Salt covered Caramel gelato.  Take a moment and let that flavor sink in...it was soooo good. 

All in all, a good day.

1 comments:

Julie said...

and i love this..... i was just about to tell you that you never post anymore...

alexandra says hi... and mercedes says that you are and i quote "la unica que falta casarse con un peruano" end quote.

just thought you should know :D

Post a Comment