Sunday, August 21, 2011

Preach it, Andy

Are you ever just struck sometimes with how entirely big the world is, and how entirely big you are not?  Tonight as I was cleaning up my room a bit, I was just thinking about my mundane task on a Sunday night.  Somewhere else in the world, maybe in multiple places, at the exact same moment, someone was having a different sort of moment.  What was that moment? I'm sure I'll never know.  Perhaps it was a sad goodbye, perhaps it was a terrible moment of fear, perhaps it was a moment of personal revelation.  Whatever it was, I was just struck with how the world works.   Though I would never purport that I have an iota of insight into how the world works,  I do know that life is made up of moments.  And my mundane task moment is someone else life changing moment.  To me, it is truly awe-inspiring to think of the wonderful orchestration that God executes in all of these moments.  He is with me in my menial chores, He is with the person that is going through a major upheaval in his or her life.   And that is fascinating to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment